Art & Design in Basel
Art & Design is omnipresent in Basel. Museums and exhibitions with works by the most reputable artists, exhibitions, home of the Art Basel and a cityscape characterized by art - this is how Basel represents itself to the world!
Museums – Art & Design
Most museums in Basel and its surroundings involve art and design. Regularly changing exhibitions make the city to one of the most vital locations for contemporary art and design.
Weil am Rhein too is famous in the arts scene, particularly thanks to the awesome Vitra Design Museum. Besides that, the following museums and Exhibitions are absolutely worth a visit:
- Vitra Design Museum, Weil am Rhein
- Museum Tinguely, Basel
- Fondation Beyeler
- Basler Papiermühle: displays paper manufacturing and lets visitors have hands-on experienceshttp://www.papiermuseum.ch
- Karikatur + Cartoon Museum Basel
- Kunstmuseum Basel: the largest collection of Holbein's works as well as other artists like Braque and Picasso
- Kunsthalle Basel: contemporary art using electronic media
- SAM Swiss museum of architecture
- Skulpturhalle Basel: one of the biggest collections of replicas of ancient sculptures
- Schaulager: Museum or storehouse for art that is not being displayed? Find out yourself!
If you wish to really dive into the vast museum landscape in the border triangle (Switzerland, Germany and France), we recommend the museum pass, which is valid for one year and costs 98,- EUR per adult (plus up to five kids under 18) at the moment.