Shopping: check out our insider tips on shopping in Basel and Weil am Rhein
Fancy designer stores, hidden boutiques, interesting trade fairs, colorful flea markets or extensive shopping tours through the city’s many outlet stores – Basel deserves to be called a small but sophisticated shopping paradise. Check out our small list of hidden treasures Basel has in store for shopping addicts discovering the city:
Shopping in Basel
- Freie Strasse Basel (see picture): Basel’s main shopping street
- The numerous small shops in the alleyways around the Spalenberg are a treasure trove.
- Flea Markets: Petersplatz (Sunday), Barfuesserplatz (Wednesday)
- Trade Fairs: BASELWORLD – The Watch and Jewellery Show. ART Basel – The Art Show
- Specialist shops: Roosens (8,000 different buttons in all colours and variations), Confiserie Beschle and Laeckerli Huus (chocolate), Erasmushaus (the oldest second-hand bookshop in Switzerland) and Johann Wanner (for Christmas decorations).