Munich's day and nightlife
Going out in Munich – wonder where you can find good food, the best drinks and music? Just follow the recommendations by our munich insiders for restaurants and nightlife!
Restaurants, Cafés and Beergardens
Munich's restaurant scene offers everything a real gourmet could wish for – from Michelin star chefs to the traditional bavarian "Wirtshäuser" or beergardens.
- Café Glockenspiel – wonderful view of the Glockenspiel on the town hall.
- Café Münchner Freiheit
- Bald Neu: one of the best coffee places in town, where you can choose the way they brew your coffee: drip coffee, aeropress or with the syphon. They also offer some of the best cakes and pastries in the area.
- tushita teehaus: Im Glockenbachviertel gelegen dreht sich hier alles um Tee. 150 Teesorten werden traditionell zubereitet. Daneben gibt es täglich wechselndes veganes Tagesmenü.
- Ungewöhnliche Eiscreme-Geschmackserlebnisse bietet das „Jessas“ im Glockenbachviertel.
- Hofbräuhaus: Munich’s legendary beer hall. Less well known is the fact that the Hofbräuhaus also has a very nice beer garden.
- Restaurant Glockenbach: breakfast, restaurant, bar and take-away, 1950s/60s interior, seasonally oriented crossover cuisine
- Austernkeller: Fancy cuisine like frog legs, oyers or foie gras, they also serve superb desserts.
- Lehel: low-key lunchplace, stylish café, and a sophisticated restaurant at night, followed by a fashionable bar with club atmosphere.
- Heart: great location at the Lenbachplatz (in the former stock market building), restaurant with bar
- Kutchiin: market place, café, bar, restaurant, eventlocation and catering.
- KVR - Kapitales vom Rind: Choose your piece of meat at the counter before it is prepared according to your preferences on the beech wood grill. The beef comes with fresh, daily changing sides and, obviously, various beer choices. Refreshingly down-to-earth without any bells and whistles.
- Itxaso Tapas: In the Glockenbachviertel, authentic spanish Tapas in corresponding atmosphere.
- Ocui: An alternative to Vapiano, pizza, pasta and salads are freshly prepared in front of the guests.
- frau li: Asian-italian fusion cuisine
- English Garden: Biergarten Chinesischer Turm
- At the banks of the Isar: Biergarten Zum Flaucher
- Neuhausen-Nymphenburg: Königlicher Hirschgarten
- Au-Haidhausen: Paulaner am Nockherberg
- At the central station: Augustinerkeller
Find an overview of the Munich beergardens at muenchen.de >>
Munich's nightlife options are numerous, whether you prefer a fancy nightclub or the alternative pub around the corner.
On a bad weather day or after an exciting day – going to the movies is always a pleasure!
Besides the huge movie theatres Munich offers numerous small cinemas full of charme and atmosphere, that show old classicsas well as alternative writer-director movies. Just around the corner from the carathotel München in the Glockenbachviertel is the Arena Filmtheater, a very nice and atmospheric cinema.