Day- and Nightlife: Restaurants, Bars and Cafés in Düsseldorf
The culinary variety reaches from exclusive seafood to common, but incredibly tasty pork buns to go. Just as colorful is the club and bar scene. See our insider tips for the best locations in Düsseldorf.
Zurheide at CROWN
Gourmet temple on the ground floor
Located on the ground floor and basement of our building is Zurheide, a gourmet bistro, supermarket und lunch stop, all in one! Besides all products of daily use, you'll find delicious lunch dishes in a pleasant atmosphere and a small view into the supermarket of the future. New, forward-looking technologies in addition to a traditional passion for pleasure and freshness - here, shopping and feasting becomes an experience! The gastronomic offer reaches from the gourmet restaurant "Setzkasten" over the Premium Beef Bar to the vegan-vegetarian restaurant "Pythagoras", here is the right thing for every taste!
More information: www.zurheide-feine-kost.de
Lunch in Düsseldorf
If on a business mission or just for leisure, a quick lunch break is essential to spend the day successfully. Besides the known fast food options, Düsseldorf offers some really good alternatives:
Restaurants around Düsseldorf's Media Harbour
The Media Harbor is a popular hot spot on an evening, and the Harbour's after work parties enjoy cult status. Many people come here for a meal after they have finished work for the day.
- CURRY: probably Germany's premier currywurst restaurant. Something special from an award-winning chef, and all to butcher's quality! Chips from fresh raw potatoes, hand cut, freshly pre-fried and finished. Nine individual sauces. Homemade coleslaw. Alt, Pils and Weizen beers, select wines and more.
- Restaurant Gehry's: In the Gehry Buildings in the new Media Harbour “Gehry´s” offers truly special steaks. Thanks to an oven developed in the USA you can get a uniquely tasty and tender steak or fillet like nothing you've ever tried in Germany before.
Beer Gardens and Pubs in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf locals’ favourite achievement is Altbier (old beer), with its bitter, dryly spicy flavour. Politicians, designers, craftsmen and students sit side by side in the city’s pubs.
- Beer gardens on the Rhine Terrace: Directly on the banks of the Rhine under mature trees with a wonderful view of the river as it gently flows past. Wonderful, but often extremely busy too.
- Beer garden in the Burghof Gallery: Situated in Kaiserswerth, directly alongside the river surrounded by the ruins of the ancient imperial castle.
- Zum Uerige: The archetypal pub. The Erbsensuppe (pea soup), served on Saturdays between 11am and 3 pm, is extremely popular. Cold meals are also on the menu, whilst Altbier is, of course, the main focus.
- Im Füchschen: Rustic traditional pub and Düsseldorf institution. Hearty food is served with the altbier. Own butchery where you can buy sausages.
- Brauerei Schumacher: famous for its Latzenbier festivals. Latzenbier is altbier with a higher alcohol content.
- Brauerei zum Schiffchen: very good pub food in a former, 400-year old mariners’ pub.
Further Düsseldorf Tips
A colorful variety of insider recommendations for delicious food in Düsseldorf.
Winelive: Situated in Oberbilk, has a huge selection of wines (by-the-glass and for sale), paired with mediterranean food.
Dr. Thompson’s: A great mixture of Restaurant, Bar and Club. Guests prepare their own meat on rustic table grills in the surroundings of the Thompson-Siegel facility’s industry charm. They also offer salads, steaks, and pizzas.
Sattgrün: All meals are plant-based and free of cholesterol and lactose free and non GMO. The offer delicious salads, soups, curry, pasta, tapas and exquisite cakes. There are three branches of the “sattgrün”, in the Media harbor, the city center and in Flingern.
Going out – dancing, rocking, and grooving
Dancing, rocking and grooving – those are the places where the nightcrowds meet.